Level 2: Paragraph Writing - Suggested Ages: 14-16
Paragraph Writing is meant for high school students ages 14-16. It prepares and teaches them how to compose a college level essay while satisfying high school English requirements. Grammar, sentence composition, one to five paragraph structure, and writing organization skills are taught preparing students for college level essay writing.
Lesson plans formatted in an easy-to-follow system
- Begins with steps to writing the basic paragraph
- Improves sentence structure with basic grammar and figures of speech
- Teaches different styles and techniques each week
- Teaches the organizational process of brainstorming, outlining, rough draft and editing.
- Progresses to writing two-, three-, and four-paragraph papers
- Introduces the five-paragraph formal essay
- Creative poetry writing
- Guidelines, checklists and correct structure
- 30 lessons with lesson plans for either a one- or two-year format
Sample Lesson Plans
For a detailed scope and sequence: Syllabus
This level is designed for the student who can write a single paragraph, can follow directions and is beginning to work independently. It teaches how to move from simple paragraph composition to quality multiple paragraph writing.More structure and mechanical requirements
are introduced and encouraged, to develop more complex paragraphs, using the writing process.
For ordering information for the Paragraph Writing curriculum package, click on
Curriculum Ordering Information
To order worksheets without curriculum, click Order Worksheets
A few of the included concepts I’m glad for: grammar, poetry, and outlining. These are areas where our Language Arts has not been very systematic, up to this point. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the helpful writing checklists, that you build upon with your students as you progress through the lessons.Home Sweet Home(school)