Entry Level I: Prepare to Write - Suggested Ages: 8 - 11
Prepare to Write is a sentence composition curriculum designed for ages 8 – 11. Older students who are lacking in their sentence writing skills could also benefit from this level. Many students find learning basic sentence writing skills with grammar becomes enjoyable when using fun topics and activities. Common writing errors are covered in this English composition curriculum to prepare students for paragraph writing.
- Sentence writing basics: capitalizing the first word in a sentence, punctuating a sentence, using 8 parts of speech, basic homonym confusion, possessives and contractions, proper nouns, run-on sentences, incomplete sentences, awkward sentences...
- Develops basic sentence construction.
- Improves sentence structure with basic grammar.
- Creative poetry writing is used to reinforce grammar.
- Games are used to reinforce grammar skills in every lesson.
- Grading guidelines and checklists provided.
Lesson plans are formatted in an easy-to-follow system with 30 lessons designed for either a one- or two-year format.
Sample Lesson Plans
For a detailed scope and sequence: Syllabus
Prepare to Write is designed for the student who struggles to write a decent sentence. Students learn how to incorporate grammar into their writing to improve their sentence writing skills. Grammar is used creatively in poetry and sentence writing.
For ordering information for the Prepare to Write curriculum package, click on Curriculum Ordering Information (Curriculum with worksheets included).
To order worksheets without curriculum, click Order Worksheets.