Level 1: Sentence to Paragraph Writing - Suggested Ages: 12-14
Sentence to Paragraph is designed for ages 12 – 14. Grammar, sentence composition, paragraph structure and writing organization are important skills covered in this middle school English curriculum.
Lesson plans formatted in an easy-to-follow system
- Reinforces the construction of a basic sentence
- Improves sentence structure with basic grammar and figures of speech
- Teaches the organizational process of brainstorming, outlining, rough draft and editing.
- Quickly develops more interesting, informative sentences
- Steps to writing the basic paragraph
- Progress to writing two-paragraph papers
- Guidelines, checklists and correct structure
- Creative poetry writing
- 30 lessons with lesson plans for either a one- or two-year format
Sample Lesson Plans
For a detailed scope and sequence: Syllabus
Sentence to Paragraph Writing is designed for the student who can write a basic sentence and follow directions. The student learns how to incorporate grammar into writing more descriptive sentences, while also becoming skilled at the organizational process. Creative writing is taught by the inclusion of figures of speech and grammar.
For ordering information for the Sentence to Paragraph Writing curriculum package, click on
Curriculum Ordering Information
To order worksheets without curriculum, click Order Worksheets
One of my favorite things about this curriculum is that my kids didn’t have to come up with their own ideas for what to write about. That can be an enormous hindrance in the writing process when a child is trying to remember all they need to know in order to write, which leaves little to no room to consider what topic they might wish to write about.Dianne, Bunny Trails